At about 4:am this morning, Lucas woke up, as he does usually once or twice a night. Usually he cries and gets himself back to sleep. This morning, however, he cried and cried. We usually wait 20 minutes before going down to see him at all to give him a chance to get himself back to sleep. Very rarely do we actually have to go in, usually for a night terror or if he's sick or sometimes if he poops. Anyways, this morning he cried for a while and at about the 15 minute mark I hear a *thunk*. The distinct sound of his door hitting the shelf that sits just a little too close. I think "he seriously didn't get out of his crib, did he?". He's never done that before. He'll throw everything in the crib out, but not actually get out. Plus I'd have thought if he had gotten out, I would have heard a crash from him hitting the floor. (his bedroom has a wood floor). BUT his crying got louder and closer. So, I got up, flipped the light on and sure enough, there he was at the bottom of the stairs with 2 blankets, 2 blankies, and 2 stuffed animals in his hands. Somewhat amusing, but concerning as well.
We decided in order to prevent any future injury on his part, due to the climbinb out, we'd convert his crib to the toddler bed. A very simple procedure, but a big step in a little boy's life!!
the first picture is of him resting at the top of the stairs this morning.
the second two are of his bed now.


No comments:
Post a Comment