Friday, June 6, 2008

Pictures and an update

So, last night I deemed Luke healthy enough to attempt what the doctor said about getting him into his new bed. Well, transitioned bed. So, we watch Wheel of Fortune, as usual, and then we rock for a few minutes. I set him in his bed and go to the door when he starts crying. I get the baby gate up and a couple seconds later hear him running to the door. He whips open the door and the look that he gave that gate would have stopped traffic!! Sort of a "Son of a Dog, what the heck is that doing there" look. Well, then the fit happened. He cried for an hour. At one point I peeked in the room and he was sitting on his rocking chair, crying his little eyes out. A little later when it got sort of quiet I looked down the stairs in our room and saw that he'd thrown his blankets and stuff out into the hallway. Well, he finally fell asleep a little after 8. 11 pm came and he wakes again. I let him go for about 15 minutes, then go down to let him know he's not been abandoned. We rock for a few minutes and then I put him back to bed. Well, that fit lasted over an hour after that! Eventually, he fell asleep. Then comes his 4 am waking (keep in mind, he usually wakes at these times for some reason but always has been able to get himself back to sleep in about 5 minutes max), well he must have gotten some semblence of a hint that we weren't going to rescue him from his gated prison with all the toys and stuff because he went on for about 20 minutes and then crashed out.
When I went down to get ready for work in the morning, this is how I found him.
It's a bit dark, sorry
Photobucket
here's the gate
Photobucket
Now, Tim calls me at work at 9:30 saying that Lucas was STILL SLEEPING!! For those of you who've met and know our child, this is extremely abnormal. I know he'd not budged during the whole time I was in the bathroom this morning, which is unusual, especially given the fact that the bathroom door is about 3 feet from where his head was. But no, I was shocked to learn that he hadn't woken by the time Tim called. He did finally get up at 10 or so.
Here are some more pictures from the last few days. Excuse any messes please.
pensive
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
funny face
Photobucket
Photobucket
yogurt, the newest in mascara
Photobucket
who's bed is this anyways (Samantha up close, Luke in the back)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: