Saturday, August 30, 2008

Long overdue update!

Lucas and I went to Seattle/Portland areas last weekend. We started out down in Oregon with our friends Kim and her daughter Kate (and Kim's husband, no pics of him though for some reason).
Luke LOVED their cat. He was chasing it all over their yard!


Lucas and Kate playing.


We stayed the first night in Oregon, then the next morning drove to Everett, where another friend lived.
On the way there we passed Onalaska, Washington. My feeble attempt to snap a pic.

while driving through Seattle I took a pic of the Quest and the other dome, where they play sports.

When we got to my friends house we had a great lunch and then Luke went all exhibitionist on us. Stripping down (first time he's ever done that for me!), we managed to convince him to keep his diaper on. Barely though, as he kept trying to get it off.
After that we drove to my friend Cindy's house, who doesn't live that far away. She was kind and gracious enough to offer us a place to stay while out there.
She has 5 wonderful kids, and we had a blast! The first night we went to Red Robin for dinner. Luke decided he wanted to challenge Samuel to a straw draw!



The next day we took his first ferry ride out to Bainbridge Island to meet with another friend. We went to Battle Pointe Park and Luke had a grand old time. Then Dianne showed us around the Island (beautiful, I'd love to live in the area) and we had lunch.












After that we went back to Cindy's. The kids had a great time together
EAting dinner

Edmond and I

Luke has gotten into a hitting phase (primarily Tim and I) so he got a couple timeouts.


Cindy and I

The next day Cindy took us to this beautiful beach that she keeps showing us pictures of. It rained (boo!) but it was still a great time. We had to go over the train tracks to get to the beach and the kids got to see a train go by! And then we went to lunch and then hung out at her place the rest of the day.












With Miriam

at the Spaghetti Factory






That night we went to a hotel closer to the airport and car rental place. Luke was so pooped he fell asleep before I could even get his jammies on!

He slept peacefully like that until about 12:30 when he had a night terror! It was incredibly frustrating, especially being in a hotel and having to worry about the other people there. He was screaming like a banshee and I was afraid someone was going to call managment on us! But he finally calmed.
He did so well on the flights. The only time he cried and had a fit was when we landed in Minneapolis on the way back and didn't want to wait to get off the plane.
But, it was a great trip!
He traveled so well!

No comments: