So, the one thing that keeps resonating in my mind (that I didn't put in the last post) was that the ER doc kept saying how very good it was that we had Lucas restrained. I mean, the man kept repeating it, and finally came out with "You have no idea how many kids I see that weren't properly restrained". Holy cats. Seriously? Why on earth would you not properly restrain your child in a moving vehicle? If this sounds judgemental, yes, it is. It's a safety thing. I mean, I am all befuddled over the whole having to have a car/booster seat until the age of 8 thing, that seems a wee bit excessive. At the same time, I do understand the logic of the car restraints not fitting a child properly. On the other hand, I'm a small person, seatbelts never fit me quite right at the neck, does that mean I would need a booster seat??? Ok, enough of that tangent. But seriously, restrain your children. Please. Like Lucas' pediatrician said this morning, it's not about YOUR driving, it's about the other idiots out there. You can only control what you are doing. If some person chooses to eat/talk/put on makeup/run a red light while driving...at least you've done everything in your power to keep yourself and your children as safe as possible.
ok, lecture over.
No comments:
Post a Comment